Saturday, April 13, 2013

so it's a crazy story...

A week from last Tuesday, April 2, Michael and I returned from our class. I immediately left to go get Ella at Michaels moms house. When I got there I got a phone call from Michael asking if Harvey was with me, when I told him he wasn't, Michael said he was going to go out looking for him because he wasnt home. (We figured he must have slipped out when we were leaving for class and didnt notice) About an hour later I got another call from Michael, crying (sorry honey) sayings that Harvey was dead. I drove right back home and Michael said that he went across the street (we live in front of a busy road) and he was asking the neighbors if anyone has seen him. Well one neighbor lady came up to Michael and said that about a couple hours ago a guy was knocking on peoples doors. I guess he hit and killed a tiny dog. Then our neighbor lady described harvey perfectly and then she told michael that his head was all crushed in and he was dead. But the guy didnt leave his number and we walked up and down the street looking for Harveys body. We couldnt find it, we called the vet and animals shelters around our area, but we still couldnt find him. We assumed that the guy took him and buried him. Also, that very morning Michael took off Harveys collar because we were going to shave him/give him a bath. So he didnt have his name tag/our info on him!
Our little family was heartbroken, and it was hard not having his body because we didnt know for sure, but at the same time we were afraid to find it because the lady gave michael a pretty gory description. But after a couple days and no news we finally accepted the fact that Harvey was dead. Fast forward to yesterday, April 12 (Michaels birthday). I get a call from my sister in law, Emily. Apparently she was telling her friend Sara Slate about how Harvey died/the situation. Sara then said "that is so weird, the other day I saw a dog on El Dorado Exchange that looked just like Harvey" (El Dorado Exchange is a facebook page for people who live in el dorado county, you can sell used items, or whatever on there)
So Emily checked out the picture and thought "that looks just like Harvey!" she tried calling Michael, but he was off riding his new motorcycle, so she got a hold of me. Long story short we contacted the person who posted the picture and we were able to pick him up that night! He wasnt injured except for some minor cuts, and the family said they found him a couple miles up the road from our house.

So I have no idea what our neighbor lady was talking about! Maybe a little dog got hurt and because she was used to seeing harvey I think maybe she just assumed it was him? or maybe she hated him and drove him a couple miles away and dropped him off and then told us he was dead?! I DONT KNOW! but I also dont care. He is home and alive!

1 comment:

  1. sheesh... talk about a roller coaster of emotions! 0_o .. so glad to hear he is alive and well =)

    ReplyDelete