Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fess up Friday..and by Friday I mean Tuesday..fourth edition

the time where I hear the truth:

I have always considered myself a tom boy. I enjoy sports and I usually had more guy friends than girls. I just always got a long with them better. So when I moved to BYUH it was no surprise to me that one of my best friends that I met there was a guy. We were close and we usually hung out with a certain group of guys. However, the strict rules at BYUH would not let us be in each other hales (dorms) which is understandable at a church school. But one day (hypothetically, and I say hypothetically because if i were to say that I actually did do this there is a good chance that I wouldnt get back into any church school, and even though that is not my plan, I like to keep my options open) Anyways one day this particular group of guys were talking about their fifa tournaments (soccer videogame) and I decided I wanted in on that action. So we (hypothetically) decided it would be a good idea if I dressed myself up like a guy and snuck into the male dorms so I can participate in these soccer tournaments. And so I did. (and just so you know I have found that I have a certain skill at being able to look male, which I decided is a talent and lets just leave it at that.) Everything was going fine, and we were playing away and then we hear a knock on the door.

OH NO

I would also like to add that the honor code at BYUH is extremely strict, if I was caught I easily would have been expelled from school. and so would have everybody in the room. I guess at the time it didnt really matter to us...

so everybody kinda freaks out, they push me into the closet, shut/lock the doors and hide any evidence that there is a girl hiding in the room. Come to find out it is only Rob, who is not part of the close group but, a mutual friend. So i breathe a sigh of relief that it is not a RA, but we still dont want him to know that I am there, because some people are tattle-tells. Anyways I am crouched down in this tiny closet, listening to chit chat, when one of the guys (who knew I was in the closet and knew i could hear EVERYTHING) thought it might be funny to ask this Rob person what he thought about me. Now the person who asked the question is actually a very nice guy and I am sure he thought Rob was going to admit he was secretly in love with me. However, that is not what happened. This is the conversation that took place

Friend: so what do you think of this Sarah Welty girl
Rob: I dont know. I dont understand what the big deal about her is (I wasnt aware that I was a big deal, by the way) she is not that cute, she isnt even that cool. I dont understand why guys like her. I dont get it. I mean if she was cute I would get it, but she isn't.

OUCH

Friend: (who is obviously embarrassed and feels bad that he even brought it up): Oh...I dont know I think she is pretty cool and I think she is cute (which I am pretty sure he didnt, i think he was just trying to make me feel better)
Rob: Why?
Friend:....awkward silence...


eventually Rob left and I was let out of the closet with awkward apologies. To be honest it didnt hurt my feelings that bad, I am fully aware that I am not the most attractive gal, and it would be silly to assume that every male on this earth thought I was cute. but he didnt think I was cool? I mean COME ON! Lets look at the facts:

I won SECOND place in a hula hoop contest on New years eve while dressed in my little sisters pirate costume. COOL

I am extremely talented at making ugly faces. COOL

I dressed up like Chris Farley at a church summer camp! (I also was the reason why cross-dressing was no long allowed during skits at girls camp) COOL

AND when I was in high school this is how I took pictures with my friends!


In Jr. High I would wear capes and toe socks to school on special occasions! if that doesnt make me cool, then I dont know what does.

anyways, we eventually told Rob about me hearing everything he said when we were dropping him off at the airport later that year. This pure look of horror came over his face when I repeated word for word what he said about me. It was hillarious and amazing. and for like 2 months after that he would randomly message me on a facebook telling me that his fiance/sister/friend/ thought I was cute. Which is even more funny...uh thanks?

anyways the moral of the story is to watch what you say about people because they might be hiding in the closet.

The End.

6 comments:

  1. Sarah do one of these every day. I need these posts in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! I agree with Lisa, these are the BEST posts ever!!! and I think you are SUPER cool,and cute, and you have GREAT hair, oh and I think you took cool pictures with your friends in HS ;) !
    Can't wait for the 5th edition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I second what Lisa and Alyssa said! This is the greatest! And it matters if your sister thinks you are cute and cool. And I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhh, Hellooo, you left out diving to your homecoming queen relay race victory and being named the NCAA Freshman of the Year! COOOOL in spades baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... hahah! I hypothetically heard stories of "that girl" being snuck in to the hales - and I couldn't MAKE myself believe it. lol! Much cooler than COOL for pulling that off I'd say!
    and in my eyes, you were kinda a big deal.
    Jus sayin'.

    ReplyDelete