Saturday, November 17, 2012

spill all saturday

I missed fess up friday, so i decided on spill all saturday. anyways here is my embarrassing story for this week:

the one where I ruin any chance of dating Travis Rodowick:
So last post I talked about how in elementary school i was a bit of a teachers pet, well now I am in junior high. Arguably the most awkward stage of youth, in my case that is nothing but the TRUTH. I made the decision to no longer be a teachers pet anymore (mainly because I now had like 7 teachers and I just cant handle that) and I instead went into a whole new direction. Let's just say I was a free spirit. Yes I might have worn mis-matched toe socks and capes to school (only on special occasions) and yes maybe my dad was terribly embarrassed of me when we went out in public. But I had a blast in Junior High. Me and Lisa Stever (now Williams) were pretty much lovers of life. we were just crazy. all. the. time. But she at least dressed normal. Sometimes we would get bored and decide to do random things like call the radio stations and see how long we could keep them on the phone until they hung up, or we would have people "adopt a pet" (the pet being pictures of animals we found on clip art in word and printed out onto paper..and to adopt you just had to sing your name underneath the picture...) anyways that should paint you a pretty colorful picture of what I was like. Also along with the toe socks and capes I had braces..and no make up...and I would put my hair in ponytail and pull it so tight on my head that I looked bald, I also had no boobs which I guess was important to boys in jr. high (found that out the hard way) So to say the least I was not a looker. but i was completely enamored by Travis and had been since 7th grade. It was now 8th grade and we had a class together! (which i was super stoked about.) Now I understood that I wasnt one of the pretty girls, but I was thoroughly convinced I could win him over with my personality. (I mean who WOULDNT have a good time with someone who wore colorful socks with shorts) So i made it my personal goal in life to be his friend, and then after a little bit of that he would realize that even though some might say i was unattractive he would still like me and decided to be my boyfriend. It was going pretty well, at least on my side. We would partner up in drama and have inside jokes with each other and then one day we watched a movie in class.

side note - at my junior high we had to wear our ID tags on our persons at all times. It was a safety precaution (ghetto)

anyways I was busy during the movie trying to charm Travis into falling in love with me by stealing his ID card (obviously theft is how you get people to like you) and he was trying to get it back and then we got in trouble. so he turned around (he was sitting in front of me), I slouched down and we watched the movie. This is also the moment that I learned that i have the tendency to chew on things when I am not paying attention. The movie ended, the lights came on and Travis turned around. A look of disgust overtook his face and I was so confused and then I realized that I had his ID card shoved halfway in my mouth and I was gnawing on it like a dog with a bone. I slowly removed it from my mouth and a long string of saliva followed as it came out. I offered it back to him..he said no thank you (and you get a detention if you dont have your ID card, so I must have REALLY grossed him out) and I knew right then that I just ruined my chance of ever dating him. Instead he dated Julianna Higgins ...and I stayed single until junior year.
but at least by then I ditched the toe socks.

the end :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! omg...I totally forgot that we had to wear our ID cards in Jr. High...that's sooo weird. This is embarrassing, but I'm sure even in your cape and toe socks you were awesome . (ps..sorry about the plethora of comments at ~ 1:40 am...I'm using your blog to avoid studying)

    ReplyDelete